Thursday, 23 October 2008

One more morning shift...!

Yea! Tmr's the last shift work. ..........for the week. Hoorah!

Anw, this morning's breakfast was quite fun... Met a lot of foreigners. American, German, Japanese and some other s whom I didn't talk to. Sigh... Somehow, it seems like Val and I are the only 2 Singaporean in this city. Ok, back to the back topic -- fun. It's funny how all the conversation goes. First, the American from LA. I asked where he was from. Then, he replied, "Los Angeles and you? China?" T_T" of course, I didn't show that face... I replied that I'm from Singapore, here for an internship, etc. Told him how much I like this place, the mountains and all, 'cos you don't see it in Singapore (Bukit Timah HILL?). Then he replied, "yea, it's along the coastline, etc." Inside, I was thinking, "coastline? It's like an island!" Oh well, I didn't bother explaining. He then asked what's Singapore's native language and I told him English. He told me that he never knew. Well, he gained one knowledge from me for the day. :)

Next, a German lady. I told her that Singapore's smaller than Tai'an city. She didn't believe it. Haha... So I asked her to wiki it. Haha... She then asked if I've climbed the mountain behind us. I told her about our LITTLE adventure. She decided to take a cable car or bus up. Good move!

I'll skip the other Germans. Last but not least, the three cute Japs. I offered the lady a straw 'cos she hadn't taken one for her yoghurt. Tho she didn't speak, from her body language, you can just tell it's the oh, so polite jap-like "language". So I asked, "nihon-jin desuka?". She smiled and replied, "hai". Then she went on to ask if I'm a Jap too. Haha... Of course, I replied that I'm a Singaporean. Hmm... I look like a China girl, Japanese girl... What else? Anyway, almost straight after she left, an old man came to me to ask me how to eat the fresh date and longan. They were SO VERY cute. The fresh date, I told him, "hai, tabemasu". But there's seed and I didn't want him to choke and yet, I didn't know how to say "seed" in jap. So I tried my very best and told him, "kore, chioto, eto... ringo desu". What I was trying to say was, "it's a little like, eh... apple". i think he took me as, it's a mini apple? Oh well, I did my job, they didn't choke. Next, the longan. I didn't noe how to say "peel" in jap. So I took the longan from him and started peeling. If only I could've captured his reaction to my peeling. He was so... Surprised. Haha... Cute guy there. :) When I went to clear their plates, they were pointing at the seeds, telling me that it was delicious and thank you. Haha...

Val will only be back in 3 hours' time. Sigh... What should I eat? Not very hungry actually. Oh well, I guess I'll just have cup noodles. Anw, I'm going to the restaurant tmr so... yea, not so bad I guess. haven't really been eating cup noodles. Need to go and buy eggs soon so that we can have a more nutritious cup noodle. Anw, cup noodles here's called 'fang bian mian' (方便面). Listening to Maroon 5 now... Sigh... love them... makes me feel at home! "That someday it would lead me back to you. That someday it will lead me back to you... " *sings*

No comments: