Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Tired, yet again...

Dunno y.. am feeling very sleepy and bloated with air in my tummy... u noe, the kind where u feel like puking but it's actually just too much air inside?

Hmm... yesterday was my first day at the Chinese restaurant. Yet again, pple started asking the same old qns... how big's s'pore, is s'pore nicer or here? where are u staying? how much is ur pay? u like us? can u understand us? when did u learn Mandarin? So in which year are you at ur university? How old are you? How much is ur air tix? Did u pay for it? Where do u wash ur clothes? Is S'pore cold? Etc. Etc. Etc. I kinda alr have the script for all my replies alr... and i tell them everything and anything...

Hmm... I'm working at the Chinese restaurant's 'lobby' now. So I'm not going t serve in the room. Whew? I wonder... Anw, there's lots of dining etiquettes here tat's really differen from Singapore! One, they smoke like chain smokers. And according to local rule, u have to change the ashtray if there's 3 butts in the tray. N u dun just change it like tat. u take 2 ashtrays, use one to cover the dirty one, remove them together and replace it with the other one. Well... not like S'pore allows pple to smoke in the restaurant... Thank god... I'm loving S'pore more! N, they drink beers like alcoholics. Well, in S'pore, they do drink but usually one or 2 bottle... But over here, 3 person can drink over 10 bottles. the thing is, u keep opening until they ask u to stop. In S'pore, you open only when they ask u to.

Anw, I met our NP senior yest. The way he speaks... I was like... "cannot cannot, he's definitely S'porean, must ask him." So I asked and he replied, "yes... are you?". Well, he asked "are you" as if he didn't mean to ask cos he highly doubt that i'm S'porean. (I dun blame him, really. U'll doubt it when u see me in my new uniform. I really blend in!) I replied yes, etc, from NP and he told me that he was from there a long long time ago. Glad to have met yet another S'porean. :) He doesn't look THAT old btw. Prob. just 27ish?

Hmm... I'm off on Thurs. my supervisor say I can off anytime I want as long as they are not short handed. Finally, Val & I can plan our schedules together! So, I took off on Thurs cos Val said she wants to make a trip to Jinan! Hoorah! Shopping! Sigh... I noe i noe, I'm broke... Tat's y i'm trying to decide whether to withdraw or go to the bank to change money. HMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............??? I'll think abt it.

Btw, my timing for Chinese restaurant goes like this: report at 0950hr (0850hr on Fridays) - 1330hr then report back to work at 1650hr - 2030hr (or even 2130hr depending on crowd).

Yea, so now, u noe when to contact me... Hmm... Val's back early and gg out with her colleagues... I'm so green with envy... Oh wel... 3 weeks 3 WEEKS!

Btw, don called me yesterday... I think we toked for 1 hr 30 mins. ard there... Super long... But also very glad to hear from her... On Sunday morning, ard 1am, was toking to Edwin & vincent... haha... toked for I think an hr plus too... Nice catching up. :) Sigh... Btw, I dreamt that I was home... Sigh... the feeling... so warm and cosy and oh, so familiar! Haha... I think I haven't blogged for quite some time alr... cos have been rather busy with interim report. At least for now can take a lil' break before starting on the next report. Sigh... I miss my colleagues at the western restaurant too! Sigh... No photos for now... feeling really lazy... :P byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: