Friday, 14 May 2010

Sport's Day - 1

I was awaken by Val at about 7am on Thursday morning. It's Ascension Day and like what my Title says, it's Sport's Day 1. I had to drag myself out of bed and the day was so cold and wet -- 9 freaking degrees. @_@

We left for the bus stop and the walk/jog there was... brrr.... It wasn't all that bad until after we got on the bus, we started asking people from the events team if we were going to be indoors or outdoors. To our PLEASANT surprise. Weee!~ We entered ourselves into: an outdoor 400m track, 2 basketball courts and 2 small soccer courts. It was crazy. The rain started coming and the rain. OOOOOOOooooooo.... I can never describe how the chill goes deep into the bones. :S

We wished and hoped and wished that it will be cancelled. Well, of course it didn't. Then we hoped and wished and hoped and wished that it will start soon so we can get it over and done with. Well, we started really late of course. My thighs were already aching by then, all the tensing of the muscles from the cold. :x During the long period of weight, we were literally going crazy, complaining and considering a walk over, a hot bowl of wanton mee, a hot bowl of instant noodle, the bed, the blanket, a hot cup of coffee/milo and a book! x_x Janet, Nikko and me were huddling in a thermal blanket most of the time. And when it was nearing our race, Nikko, Marisa, Hany and I were huddling in the blanket beside the track. Well, of course we were super AA and got labelled by Mr. B, the blanket girls + Dr. V just kept laughing whenever he sees us. :s

It was finally our turn to race and from 3 teams, it became 4 teams. How nice. 3 male teams against us, SLA. x_x BUT we did well! We completed the race! Haha... Of course, we finished 1st! ... from the back. :P It's been a really long time since I've ran. How I wish I had my sports shoe. Anyway, it's really no easy to exercise here 'cos of how thin the air is. It was really difficult to breathe and my lungs almost flipped over while I was running. There were so many audiences as all other events had ended. I wanted so much to sprint at the end, but I really... couldn't. Something was wrong with me. Haha... But the IMIs were so nice, they were cheering for me. Despite having suffered so much, think about the opportunity cost: sleeping in on a cold and rainy day + saving on 4 francs transport, I must say that it was a horrible experience. At least one that I will never ever forget unlike my past Sport's Day. Haha...

You can seriously imagine how bad the weather was. Even the guys were freezing their ass off. And seriously, on Sport's Day, who craves for a hot drink? Hasn't it always been cold ice water/gatorade or the super duper cold Milo truck dispenser?

Weather's gonna be bad for quite some time... and Badminton competition's on Saturday. I think I'm going to die. x_x Sigh... at least after I came back, I had a hot bath, a hot bowl of myojo shrimp tamen, surf the net and then off to bed and had a fantastic 4 hour long dreamless nap! Woohooo!~ Love it! <3

No comments: